Priyanka Reacts to the Announcement of the Rajasthan Budget
“The Congress party is fully dedicated to the interests of government employees,” The Congress national secretary, Priyanka Gandhi, praised Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot’s announcement of an old pension system in his budget.
The Rajasthan government, led by Ashok Gehlot, announced in its budget that all employees hired on or post-January 1, 2004, will be covered by the previous pension scheme starting next fiscal year.
The Congress general secretary, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, praised Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot’s announcement of an old pension system in his budget last Wednesday, calling it a major decision in the welfare of government workers.
The Congressman praised the government on Twitter, writing, “The Congress party is fully dedicated to the interests of government employees. We have worked in the interest of the public and will continue to work.”
Whilst Samajwadi Party (SP) and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) have promised to restore the previous pension scheme if elected back into power in UP, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has stated that the former pension arrangement for government employees would be reinstated.
You May Also Like: Union Budget 2022: Here are The Key Takeaways
“We all know that the employees associated with the government services should feel secure about the future; only then they can make their invaluable contribution towards good governance during the service period. Therefore, for all the employees appointed on or after January 1, 2004, I propose implementing the old pension scheme,” While proposing a populist budget before the end of the year in 2023, Ashok Gehlot remarked.
Government employees that retired even before the new pension program was granted a set pension sum equivalent to 50 percent of their last drawn salary.
In 2004, the New Pension Scheme was adopted. The pension value was directly determined according to the system based on the number of years of service. When the employee retires, he or she can take 60 percent of the whole pension amount as a lump payment. The remainder 40% must be purchased through an annuity plan offered by the insurance provider, with interest paid out as a monthly pension.
Vasundhara Raje, a former chief minister, termed the budget ‘politically oriented’ and ‘lacking any vision.’
You May Also Like: From Consumption to Investment-Union Budget 2022